Welcome to the Y
The Tri-County YMCA's vision is to inspire everyone with caring people and family-friendly programs and facilities. We strengthen our members and communities through offering a variety of services, such as health and wellness programs, summer camps, family time, and childcare. We’re more than just a place to work out. At the Y, we help build a healthy spirit, mind and body for all with the core values of caring, honesty, respect, responsibility, and faith at the heart of everything we do.
With a commitment to nurturing youth development, promoting healthy living, and fostering a sense of social responsibility, the Y ensures that every individual has access to the essentials needed to learn, grow, and thrive.
We are looking for mission driven, energetic, caring, and responsible individuals to work with our school-age children in our afterschool programs at our Jasper, Pine Ridge, and Ferdinand locations. The hours for this part time position are 2:30/3:00 - 6:00 p.m. five days a week. Flexible schedules are available. For more information, contact Jami Ferguson at 812-367-2323 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Group Exercise Calendars
Find out how the Y can help you reach your fitness goals. We offer a variety of group exercise classes to help you get started. Classes are offered at the YMCA in Ferdinand, as well as the United Methodist Church in Santa Claus and the Event Center in Huntingburg.
**Please note: Tabata on Wednesday evenings (5:15PM) has been permanently converted to LesMills BodyATTACKTM.**
We are offering BodyPUMP on Friday evening, October 28th at 6:00PM since there will be no Saturday morning class offered.
All classes on Saturday morning, October 29th will be CANCELLED due to the YMCA Monster Dash 5k Run/Walk. Look below for all the details!
Ladies Night Out at the Y
What does every great ladies night out need? Shopping, food, beverages, relaxation, friends, and FUN!! We have it all covered for you coming up at the Y on Friday evening, November 11th:
* 30 Vendors (find complete list by clicking on link below)
* Swag Bags & Door Prize Giveaway
* A Chinese Auction -- a great variety of items to bid on donated by the various vendors
* Monkey Hallow Wine Tasting
* Music by Debbie Schuetter
Ladies, gather up your friends and get ready to shop 'til you drop at the Y! All proceeds from Ladies Night Out will go to the Tri-County YMCA Annual Campaign. In addition to all that is listed above, there will also be an assortment of sandwiches and finger foods (prepared by the ladies of the Y's Morning Energizer group) available to purchase while you shop.
Event Time: 5:30 - 9:30 p.m.
Event Date: Friday, November 11th
Who Is Invited: This is a public event for ALL ladies!
Give Away: The first 250 ladies will receive a SWAG BAG filled with samples, coupons, and catalogs from the participating vendors.
Monster Dash 5K Run/Walk
Registration for the Tri-County YMCA's Monster Dash 5k Run/Walk is now available! Please click the link below for fast and easy online registration!
Race Registration Fee includes race entry & T-shirt. All pre-registered participants are guaranteed a T-shirt on race day.
* Entry Fees:
Pre-Registration on or before October 22, 2016 is $15.00.
Registration after October 22, 2016 is $20.00.
* Race day registration begins at 7:45 a.m. with the race to starting at 9:00 a.m. from the Tri-County YMCA. The race will finish at the Ferdinand Community Center. An image of the course route is shown below.
* Prizes will be awarded to the overall male/female & also to the top 3 finishers in each age group.
* Child Watch for any children ages 6 and under, as well as Children's Activities for all children ages 7-12 will be available beginning at 8:00 a.m. and will be provided throughout the duration of the race.
* Since the race falls so close to Halloween, we suggest you come ready to race in your BEST Halloween Costume! Costume judging will take place prior to race awards. Any adults who come dressed in a costume are eligible to enter a drawing for a Best Home Furnishings recliner.