Childcare while you workout
Stay fit while your kids have fun!
More than ever, busy parents need support. When parents come to the Y for a class, program, or workout, their kids need a safe, enriching environment where they can build healthy, trusting relationships with other kids and adults.
Childwatch is a fun and safe place for your children, infants* (6 weeks) through 6 years of ages to enjoy while you participate in other activities at the Y. Childwatch is included with your Y membership. Parents may leave their children in Childwatch for a maximum of 1.5 hours a day. Parents MUST remain in the YMCA facility when using Childwatch.
CHILDWATCH HOURS & POLICIES
Childwatch & Building Monitor Hours
Monday - Friday: 8:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.
Saturday: 7:30 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.
Monday - Thursday: 4:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.
- Childwatch is for children 6 weeks to 6 years old and is a service for Members Only.
- Children can be in Childwatch for up to 1.5 hours daily.
- Parents or grandparents, who are YMCA members, may use Childwatch while exercising in the facility, and MUST remain in the building while the child(ren) are in Childwatch.
- Please do not bring children who have had a fever, rash, drainage from the eyes, vomiting, or diarrhea within the last 36 hours to Childwatch. If they exhibit any of these symptoms while in our care, we will ask you to remove the child from Childwatch. Children who are too sick to go to school are too sick to come to Childwatch.
- We do not provide snacks or drinks for the children. Please bring drinks in spill proof cups.
- We ask that babies be in fresh diapers and children use the bathroom before arriving or upon entering the room. Diapering and wiping must be done by the parent. If your child needs either, a staff member will come to get you. Please respond promptly.
- Please label all your child’s belongings, including snacks, drinks, bags, and coats. Try to limit bringing in toys from home.
- Each child must have an Emergency contact form on file. This should be filled out by the parent the first time the child attends Childwatch.
Building monitor is a service for those with Family type memberships. Children participating in building monitor must be members and also checked in at the front desk.
Please sign your children, ages 7 through 9 years, and not taking part in Child Watch, with the Building Monitor. Children will be allowed to take part in the Activity Center or the Gym when available with the supervision of the Building Monitor. Please be sure to check the gym schedule before entering.
Building Monitor Hours are Monday - Thursday evenings from 4:30 - 7:30 p.m.
JOIN THE Y
We combine spirit, mind, and body in an integrated approach to well-being that goes beyond just fitness.