ABOUT YOUR Y
The Tri-County YMCA received its provisional charter from the YMCA of the USA in August of 2003. A year later our organization opened a full service fitness facility on the grounds of the Monastery Immaculate Conception and applied for permanent charter. In September 2004, we received our charter with the YMCA of the USA. Operation was set up in the gymnasium on the campus of the Sisters of St. Benedict. In June of 2010, we started construction on a new facility in Ferdinand and opened our new facility doors on August 29th, 2011. Since 2011 we have grown to over 2100 members and we proudly offer services in surrounding communities. In August 2013, our Wellness Center became available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for our members.
YMCAs have been so successful because they are driven by community needs, guided by community volunteers and open to all. The Tri-County YMCA is constantly seeking to enhance the communities they serve.
The Tri-County YMCA's vision is to inspire everyone with caring people and family-friendly programs and facilities. We strengthen our members and communities through offering a variety of services, such as health and wellness programs, summer camps, and childcare. We’re more than just a place to work out. At the Y, we help build a healthy spirit, mind, & body for all with the core values of caring, honesty, respect, responsibility, & faith at the heart of everything we do.
With a commitment to nurturing youth development, promoting healthy living, and fostering a sense of social responsibility, the Y ensures that every individual has access to the essentials needed to learn, grow, and thrive.
Our Mission: To put Christian principles into practice through programs that build healthy spirit, mind and body for all.
Our Values: The Tri-County YMCA strives to put the following values into practice in everything we do:
Caring: To be sensitive to the needs of others and go the extra mile.
Honesty: To tell the truth, have integrity and build trust.
Respect: To value the worth of every person and treat others as you would like to be treated.
Responsibility: To do what is right and be accountable for your behavior and obligations.
Faith: Confident belief in the truth, value, or trustworthiness of a person, idea, or thing
At the Y, we have something for everyone!
Exercise Equipment: Treadmills, Upright and Recumbent Bikes, Lateral X Elliptical, Elliptical and Arc Trainers, AbCore Machine, True Stretch Cage, Cybex Weight Machines, and Free Weights (13 years & older)
Gymnasium: Available for basketball, volleyball, tennis, pickleball, etc.
Activity Center: Ping-pong, Air Hockey, and 2 XBox Kinects
Indoor Walking/Running Track
Community Rooms: Available for meetings, trainings, small gatherings
Group Exercise Rooms: A variety of Group Exercise Classes such as RPM, BodyPump, Les Mills Core, Upbeat Barre, BodyFlow, Morning Energizers, Enhanced Fitness, etc. (13 years & older)
Childwatch: Supervised play area for the little ones during certain hours of the day while parents/grandparents work out (Member Service only)
Wellness Center: Accessible 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for our members with the purchase of an After Hours Access Card for $10.00.
The Tri-County YMCA has policies in place for the benefit and welfare of our members, guests, and our organization.
- Youth 10 years and older are able to use the YMCA Gym and Activity Center when available without adult supervision.
- Children 9 and under not participating in Child Watch or signed into the Activity Center/Gym with the building monitor must be accompanied by an individual 13 years and older and can not be left unattended.
- Youth under the age of 13 are not permitted in the Wellness Center or allowed to participate in group exercise classes.
- In order to receive the member rate on YMCA programs, the child(ren) must be included in the membership.
- Childwatch is for children 6 weeks to 6 year olds and is a service for members only.
- Children can be in childwatch for up to an hour and a half.
- Parents or Grandparents may use childwatch while exercising in the facility.
- Please bring your membership card with you to check-in.
- Limit your exercise to 30 minutes when other members are waiting to use the cardio equipment.
- No food or drink is allowed in the gym.
- Equipment is available for members to use while in the facility.
- See the courtesy desk staff for supplies.
- Please return the items in the same condition you received them.
- Childwatch will follow Southeast Dubois School Corporation when inclement weather occurs.
- If school is CLOSED or on a 2 HOUR DELAY, Morning Childwatch will not operate. Please call ahead before attending Evening Childwatch at 812-367-2323.
- If Southeast Dubois School Corporation is CLOSED or operating on a 2 HOUR DELAY, we will NOT offer any Morning Group Exercise Classes. Please call ahead before attending Evening Group Exercise Classes at 812-367-2323.
- We will not be offering Holiday Camps on days when school is cancelled due to winter weather. We will offer Holiday Camps on the scheduled days off listed on the Southeast Dubois School Corporation school calendar.
- The Tri-County YMCA reserves the right to cancel classes or delay opening in advance of Southeast Dubois School Corporation making a decision.
- Y staff members are CPR, First-Aid and AED (automatic external defibrillators) trained and certified. Please see a staff member immediately if someone needs assistance.
- Please take special care in locking up all personal belongings in both the locker rooms and in your vehicle. The Tri-County YMCA is not responsible for lost or stolen articles.
- The Y occasionally videotapes/photographs its members and participants in various activities. Some of these photos are used in Y marketing materials, such as ads or brochures. If you do not want your photo to be used by the Y, please step out of the shot or notify the photographer before the picture is taken.
JOIN THE Y
Every day, something's happening at the Y. We bring kids, adults & families closer together, encourage good health and foster connections through fitness, sports, fun & shared interests.